European Spa Trip (9 Days)
9 Day Trip to England (worth 14 CEUs)
This trip is designed for Massage Therapists and Massage Therapy students from the USA.
However, participants in the UK are welcome to sign up. Please contact us for UK prices.
Travel Overseas and Immerse Yourself in the Ancient History of Spas and Healing
This experience is an exciting way to learn more about the history of spas and Roman Baths, European Spa Treatments, and healing while visiting ancient sites at the same time. You will learn about techniques that are used in Europe in the spa industry and visit one of the most famous spas in Europe with natural thermal waters. Of course, your experience would not be complete without access to pools and steam rooms. At the end of this course, you will receive an official Certificate from American Massage Training UK that can be used towards 14 CEs in the USA and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) within the UK (depending on your accrediting body). The 14 hour live hands-on course is called European Spa Treatments and it is approved by NCBTMB for 14 continuing education hours.
What is Included in this Amazing Educational Experience?
- You will be exploring the beautiful and famous city of Bath, which is immersed in history and culture and known for its famous Roman Baths---the best-preserved ancient baths in northern Europe.
- You will be able to explore Bath Abbey, the last of the great medieval churches in England.
- You will be learning the latest techniques on our European Spa Treatments Course which includes different massage and spa treatments such as hot stone massage and Indian Head Massage. All massage oils and supplies are included in this fun and informative class.
- You will experience relaxing spa sessions with the soothing vapors of tranquil steam rooms infused with aromatic essences such as jasmine, frankincense, sandalwood, or eucalyptus mint and swim in a heated open-air rooftop pool overlooking the ancient city of Bath. Robes, towels, slippers, and access to lockers included at the Thermae Bath Spa.
- You will be escorted on a private tour of the famous Thermae Bath Spa, which includes viewing treatment rooms, Vichy Rainforest showers, and the Cross Bath, which is an official sacred site with thermal waters.
- You will be able to sit back and absorb the city of London from a double-decker bus with a guide to explain the major points of interest found in this fabulous city.
- You will relax on a river cruise along the famous River Thames and see amazing structures such as the Houses of Parliament, Westminster, the London Eye, and the ancient Tower of London and more.
- You will travel by a tour bus to visit the famous Stonehenge, a prehistoric monument of standing stones, surrounded by burial grounds, believed to have been built between 3,000BC to 2,000BC.
- Since you will be responsible for booking your own flight, this offers you the flexibility of extending your trip. For those who decide to stay longer, we offer additional tours of your choice such as Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, the Cottswolds, Warwick Castle and/or Paris.
What is included in the cost?
All accommodations, tours (mentioned above), Thames River cruise, all coursework/training, spa sessions (with pools and steam rooms), airport and city transfers within England, Official Certificate from American Massage Training UK, entrance into Stonehenge and entrance into the Roman Bath Museum, and continental breakfast. For full Terms and Conditions, please register your details with us or send us an e-mail.
What is NOT included in the cost?
Flights, meals (except continental breakfast) and drinks. You are responsible for your own food/drinks and the payment of any activities/travel or purchases of services or items that you may choose that are not listed or included in our program. Tipping is optional and not included.
For US travelers: You must have a valid US passport in order to board the plane. See below for details.
Take advantage of Early Bird Prices!
PAY 91+ Days in advance of the first day of the trip and save $500 US dollars
PAY at least 90 Days in advance of the first day of the trip and save $400 US dollars
PAY at least 60 Days in advance of the first day of the trip and save $300 US dollars
PAY at least 45 Days in advance of the first day of the trip and save $200 US dollars
Payments received less than 45 days from the first day of the trip will pay full price plus may incur additional fees of administrative and airfare costs (costs vary depending on the airline).
DEADLINE TO REGISTER AND PAY FOR THIS TRIP IS 30 DAYS IN ADVANCE.
Sign up with a friend and you each get an additional $50 each off the above prices!
Cost of this Amazing Educational Experience: $2,900 (Before early bird discounts applied)
Passport Information for US Citizens:
You should allow 6 weeks to receive a first time US passport. The cost is $110.00.
For expedited processing, it takes about 3 weeks to receive your passport for an additional $60.00.
If you are traveling within 2 weeks or need a passport for a foreign visa within 4 weeks and: Have not yet applied, please call the National Passport Information Center (1-877-487-2778) to schedule an appointment and schedule an appointment with a Passport Agency. Note: American Massage Training UK is not responsible if the information above has changed since this document has been produced.