AMERICAN MASSAGE TRAINING UK - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All bookings are made via the American Massage Training UK website where each applicant is required to state that they have read, understood and agree to the following terms and conditions before being able to complete a booking for a training course.
Therefore, the services offered in this website can only be used by those applicants who have first read these Terms and Conditions, and accepted them unconditionally by clicking on the appropriate acceptance button at the time of booking. If applicants proceed with a booking on this website, these terms and conditions will apply to that booking. Applicants undertake to fulfil the obligations contained within these terms and conditions.
Confirmation of Bookings
Once you have booked a training course you will receive an email within 24 hours to confirm the booking. If for some reason you have not received a confirmation e-mail and it is not in your spam folder, then please contact us at americanmassagetraining.co.uk. Booking details must be checked carefully and the student must contact American Massage Training UK immediately if the details are incorrect.
If booking last minute courses or courses scheduled for within less than 48 hours, please call to book so that we can confirm availability to you prior to payment.
No reimbursement will be made for travel/accommodation/childcare costs for cancelled/unavailable courses booked at last minute online. Where booking online less than 48 hours prior to a scheduled course date, please call us at 9.00am on the day of the training to confirm your booking has been received and chosen training is available.
Payment is required in full at the time of booking through the secure payment system on our website.
Students are responsible for checking they have the right qualifications or entry requirements to attend specific courses (such as the advanced courses). All courses have the entry requirements listed in the course descriptions. Please be sure to check the entry requirements (pre-requisites) prior to booking to avoid any cancellation fees.
We reserve the right to amend course prices or run promotions at any time, without prior notice. Once a booking is made, the price paid is final and no price difference can be refunded in the event of a later course price reduction.
If we cannot accept your booking
If we are unable to accept your booking, we will inform you of this and you will not be charged. This might be because the course is fully booked, because your debit or credit card payment has been declined by the payment provider you chose to use, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the course or because you have not provided us with the information we require. There are also some circumstances where we may not be able to accept your booking due to health or medical reasons such as if you have any infectious or contagious diseases.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
Cancellation of Practical Training Courses
All cancellations must be done in writing by sending an e-mail to American Massage Training UK.
Cancellations Made More Than 14 Days Prior to the first day of the course:
Once a booking has been made, the student is obliged to attend the course at the specified time and date. Cancellation of the booking more than 14 calendar days prior to the first date of class will result in a 50% (of the course cost) cancellation fee.
Cancellations Made Within 14 Days of the first day of the course:
Cancellation of the booking less than 14 calendar days prior to the first date of class will result in a 100% (of the course cost) cancellation fee.
Cancellation of Courses that consist of online theory plus practical training:
You may begin online courses any time after we receive your payment. However, once you are given access to the online material, you are agreeing to waive any rights to a 14-day cooling off period and 100% of the course fee is non-refundable. By accepting the terms presented when you make a booking, you confirm acceptance that this will expire your cooling off period immediately.
If a student does not show up on the first day of class and has not notified us prior to the start of class (of not being able to attend), a rescheduling request (see below for rescheduling requests) will not be accepted and will result in 100% loss of course fees.
Cancellations by American Massage Training UK
American Massage Training UK reserve the right to cancel or amend dates and times of any course at any time without liability. Should this unlikely event occur, we will do everything reasonably possible to notify all course registrants at the earliest opportunity of such changes by telephone and/or email. All registrants will be offered either a full refund, an alternative course date or credit towards a future course, whichever you prefer. American Massage Training UK is not responsible for any loss of income or accommodation/travelling costs students may incur due to the cancellation of courses. Therefore, we recommend that participants book travel and accommodation with a late cancellation option.
There are no refunds after you have started and completed a course.
Rescheduling a Course
Rescheduling Requests & Fees
Should you be unable to attend a confirmed course training date for medical reasons, a valid medical certificate covering the named student and day of the booked training will be required to reschedule a course. Under medical or compassionate circumstances (proof of which may be required) and where rescheduling a course might not be possible; a credit for all or part of the course fee may be placed on file as a gesture of goodwill. Credits will be valid towards training courses only and run for a period of up to 6 months from the date of issue at which time the course fees would be forfeited. No refund of course fees can be issued.
Students will only be allowed to reschedule once. If a student is given a chance to reschedule and is unable to attend the second time, then the student will forfeit any credits and fees.
All practical training must be completed within 6 months of booking your course, unless otherwise agreed in writing at the time of booking. Should you fail to attend your original training dates for any reason and the course is no longer offered or amended in content, no refund or difference in courses fees will be offered. You may however, be able to use the course fees on file as a credit towards payment for an alternative course of your choosing within 6 months of the original date of booking. Students who fail to book, attend or reschedule training within 6 months of booking their course (taken from date of making first payment) will forfeit any course fees paid. We cannot offer any refunds, credits or substitute training in such circumstances.
Course bookings are transferable, provided the new applicant meets all of the entry (and health) requirements. A minimum of 72 hours’ notice prior to the course date is required, in writing.
Please arrive at the training centre for 9.45am for a 10.00am start. Courses finish no later than 5.00pm. If you arrive late in the morning or when returning from agreed breaks, you may be refused entry to the training. This is to avoid disruption for other students on the course. Access is granted to the training centre 30 minutes before the start of training (start time is 10.00am) and students are politely requested to arrive at the venue with at least 15 minutes to spare before the course begins. The training centre will not be accessible more than 30 minutes before the course begins.
A short break for lunch is provided during which we recommend students remain within the training centre (please bring cold food with you). Tea and coffee will be provided.
Latecomer Arrivals for Practical Training Sessions
Students are advised that they will be expected to arrive on time (and not leave early) for practical training sessions. We will endeavour to be reasonable, but we are entitled to cancel the practical training session and claim for the full cost of the training fee if we feel that sufficient time will not be available to complete the requirements of the practical training and if it is disruptive to the experience of other students. Please do not break from the training unless instructed to do so by the tutor. A lunch break is provided along with short refreshment breaks throughout the day, timed as is appropriate for the course. Taking excessive or unauthorised breaks may mean you miss vital training that impedes your success on the course.
If late returning from breaks you will be unable to complete your course and will forfeit course fees. All students must attend the full training day until the course is due to end (as per the time listed in the course description at the time of booking). Should you choose or need to leave a course before the course ends, you will forfeit any course fees and will not achieve your certificate or diploma.
Medical Conditions and Entry Requirements
All students are required to disclose any health/medical conditions at the time of booking, which will be dealt in the strictest of confidence. Some conditions may impede ability to participate fully within a course. An important part of training is to deliver and receive treatments.
For more advanced courses, we may also require evidence of achievement of the qualifications necessary to attend a particular course. If so, this will have been stated in the course description on our website. We will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either cancel your booking or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for a failure or delay in your course booking if this is caused by you not providing us such information within a reasonable timeframe.
After receiving your health/medical information, if we decide it would not be appropriate for you to attend the course (such as for the health and safety of yourself or others in the course), we will inform you and will give you a full refund.
Adjustments will be made to accommodate medical conditions where possible and practical. A medical certificate may be required in line with our insurance obligations. Where students are unable to receive treatments for medical reasons, a female model may be requested to be provided by the student for each training day.
On the first day of your course, you will also be given a health waiver to sign which will ask you to state that you are in good physical condition and fully able to participate in the course and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. In addition, you will certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude your participation at the training course. If for any reason you refuse to sign this on the day you will not be allowed to attend the course and you will waive the right to a refund.
Please make us aware of any health conditions and/or medications currently taken that may affect your practical training or assessment days. Due to health and safety reasons, we do not allow students who are under 12 weeks or over 32 weeks pregnant to partake in practical training or assessment days.
Special Training Needs / Requirements
It is very important you make us aware of any special needs you may have in order to make your practical training or assessment days run smoothly. Where possible we seek to include students with special requirements within our main course delivery. However, for some students this may not be possible. Many students with special training needs prefer and gain the most benefit from tailored training on a one to one basis (for an additional cost). Wherever possible and feasible, adjustments or special arrangements will be considered.
During your training
During your training you will be required to give and receive treatments.
Courses may be mixed gender groups. If you have personal or religious reasons where you require training in a same sex environment only, please contact us before booking.
Photography / recording of training (both audio or video) is strictly prohibited on the premises of the training centre. This is to protect the privacy of other students, meet Data Protection requirements and avoid disruption to training. American Massage Training UK may occasionally take photos of student work during training only with express permission of all students, for marketing/promotional purposes.
All courses are taught only in English. All students are therefore required to have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken. Students must advise of any language issues at the time of booking as we may recommend one to one training as a more suitable training option (for which additional cost applies).
Should a student be unable to demonstrate the required level of English to participate fully within the course, they may be refused the diploma and would unfortunately forfeit any course fees paid.
In order for a student to pass a course that includes online theory plus hands-on practical training, the student must pass the theory portion plus pass their practical training that takes place at the training centre.
Any student who fails their practical course may be able to attend a future training course after paying a slightly reduced fee (subject to availability).
Course Expectations During Training
Each student is required to bring to the course all of the specified items required for each course. These items are listed at the end of each course description on our website.
Each student who books on a training course agrees to present themselves in a fit state to give and receive a massage and to perform any of the required massage techniques.
Students must conduct themselves according to our policy of student conduct.
After students have successfully completed their course, they should begin practising treatments as soon as possible in order to help remember their new knowledge and skills. Students are strongly recommended to obtain public liability insurance before accepting paying clients.
Certificates are issued by email (free of charge) within 2 working days of attending your training course(s).
Students who complete a GTi course are provided with an electronic certificate in pdf format on successful completion of a course. All GTi certificates are issued by the Guild. Students then have the option to buy a printed GTi paper certificates if required for £15 + VAT. If students successfully complete an advanced course (or a non GTi Course), they will receive an electronic certificate as well as an option to receive a paper certificate (free of charge).
Certificates are provided as a digital certificate to meet the needs of insurance providers & reduce our carbon footprint. Students are responsible for ensuring they contact us by email within 30 days of attending their training course, should they fail to receive their diploma certificate for any reason or should there be any error in the certificate received. Beyond this time, the below fees for replacement certificates would apply. If you require your certificate to be reissued in a new name, we would require evidence for the reason for change of name plus the standard replacement certificate fees.
Employer or local council requirements
Students are responsible for checking if courses meet the requirements of their employer or local council. This must be done prior to booking a training course because refunds are not available to any student who has commenced or completed a course, who then decides that it does not meet with their requirements. Some London boroughs for instance, require massage therapists to have a license and specific qualifications (ie: VTCT, NVQ or Level 3).
Public Liability Insurance
After successful completion of your course, you will receive a diploma from either The Guild of Holistic Therapists, The Guild of Beauty Therapists, and/or American Massage Training UK depending on the course you select. Any of these will allow you to apply for insurance so you may begin working on members of the public. This will allow you to begin working on a self-employed basis (mobile) and to take payments should you wish. Our courses are covered by a number of insurance providers including Westminster Insurance.
If you hold an existing insurance policy, you are responsible to check the insurance provider will extend your cover to include the new treatment(s) and for covering any cost to make changes. We cannot accept responsibility for issues resulting with insurance companies where students fail to check this prior to booking.
Student Code of Conduct
- To ensure all learners are given the best opportunity to learn, we would request the following classroom code of conduct is adhered to at all times:
- Punctuality and attendance is mandatory.
- All students are expected to fully participate including giving and receiving treatments. Any exceptions (e.g. medical reasons) to this must be agreed at the time of booking.
- Please inform the tutor of any medical conditions or learning difficulties which may impact your learning (these should previously have been discussed at the time of booking to ensure suitability for the training). This can be discussed in confidence with the tutor upon arrival at the centre. This will allow you to get the best support throughout the course and any adjustments can be made so you can get the most from your learning experience.
- Please leave all valuables at home. We cannot accept any responsibility for any losses, damages or theft of personal property. Any property that is left behind will be held for 7 days, following which it will be disposed as appropriate. Students are responsible for collection of lost items from the training centre, by appointment. We cannot post or deliver any lost property.
- Any equipment, products, supplies, and tools provided at the training centre remain the property of American Massage Training UK and should not be taken from the training centre at any time. Such will be treated as theft and reported to the authorities. Please work with the tools / products and within the facilities provided taking care to avoid causing deliberate damage or loss. Students may be held responsible for the cost of such loss / damage. Please wait until items are provided to you and no time should students access any staff only store cupboards or storage areas without express permission of the tutor and/or without supervision. For reasons of health, safety and hygiene; please use products / tools / equipment only as directed and when prompted by the tutor.
- Use of mobile phones is prohibited during training and should be turned off outside of designated breaks.
- No smoking, use of e-cigarettes/vaporisers or chewing of gum inside the training centre.
- Nails should be short and filed smooth for the safety of others when performing massages.
- Hair should be tied back.
- For health and safety, all jewellery should be removed.
- No perfume or cologne should be worn on the massage training course since some students may have allergies
- Students must not consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during the training. You may be asked to leave the training centre where we have reason to suspect such influence, and the police may be contacted if appropriate.
- Be courteous and respectful to tutors and other students. Please refrain from using foul language during the course. We follow the Equality Act 2010 throughout our training. Abuse of any kind including racism will not be tolerated. Please avoid discussion of any sensitive or unrelated topics during the training which may distract other students or at any time, which may cause offence to others.
- While we strive to maintain a friendly atmosphere throughout the course and student conduct should reflect that which would be expected within a professional environment. Please ensure you work cooperatively and respectfully with all and take feedback / guidance seriously to allow you to acquire and demonstrate the required level of competence upon the training course(s). Outbursts or disruptive behaviour (which may affect other students) will not be tolerated.
- Verbal, physical or written abuse will not be tolerated at any time and will result an immediate verbal warning from the tutor. Should the conduct continue, you will be asked to leave the property of the training centre immediately. You will not receive your diploma and will forfeit all course fees paid.
- Should an issue arise on your training day in relating to other learners on the course or if you are experiencing difficulties with the course, please immediately notify your tutor so action can be taken or advice given to support you as required as it is sometimes difficult to rectify issues later and this will allow you to gain the most from your training day experience. Any issues will be handled in the strictest confidence but will not be permitted as grounds for any refund of course fees or for additional training, where this is not raised on the training day to enable remedy.
- Learner feedback forms are to be completed at every training session and are compulsory where requested.
- Photographic ID must be shown to the tutor at every training day to gain admission to the centre, if requested. Entry may be refused without this.
- Students must not take any photographs or make any recordings (audio or video) of any kind while in attendance of training and/or when within the training centre premises. This is to meet Data Protection legislation, to protect the privacy of our students and avoid disruption to training. Photos may occasionally be taken by tutors with the express permission of students, for the purposes of marketing/promotion.
How to contact us
How we may contact you
If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your booking.
How we may use your personal information
Code of Ethics, Conduct, and Practise
By signing up to a course with American Massage Training UK, you agree to abide by our Student Code of Conduct and the suggested Code of Conduct and Professional Practice set up by the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) which can be found at:
https://www.fht.org.uk/code-of-conduct-and-professional-practiceor or the Code of Conduct set up by
The General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapies (GRCCT) which can be found at: https://www.grcct.org/about-us/code-of-conduct/
It is the desire of American Massage Training UK that all students gain the most from their training experience. Please raise any concerns first with the tutor on the training day(s) as most issues can quickly be rectified at the time. However, in the unlikely event your training course with us does not meet your expectations and you feel unable to raise this with the tutor on the training day, please email us at with the details of your feedback or complaint. You will receive a response in writing within 72 hours.
American Massage Training UK owns all copyright, including but not limited to, intellectual copyrights of all printed or electronic materials. Copying, printing, photographing, filming, adaptation or other use of all or any part of these materials without the express, written permission of American Massage Training UK is strictly prohibited.