Jodi’s Massage Toolbox for the Upper Back
***************THIS COURSE IS FULLY BOOKED************************
Learning Outcomes: At the end of the course, students will have a good understanding of:
- How to perform a postural assessment in relation to the upper back
- The basic anatomy of the upper back
- How to determine what muscles may be involved in upper back pain based on performing a series of tests and questions
- How to determine when it is appropriate to refer a client
- What are the precautions, risks, and contraindications for upper back pain
- A variety of techniques for your “toolbox” to treat the pain, discomfort, and muscle imbalances in the areas of the upper back
- How to decide on the best treatment plan
- What exercises and stretches to recommend to the client for the upper back
What are the pre-requisite(s) for entry on to this course? The minimum requirement for taking this course is a recognised Level 3 qualification in massage (or similar) which includes anatomy and physiology.
This course is 11 hours plus 1 hour of home study.
What to Bring to Class:
All products and tools are provided to use on the practical training day. Tea and coffee are also provided on the day.
However, students are required to bring the following on each practical training day:
- Hand towel
- Cold lunch
- 2 flat single sheets
- 1 large bath sheet (or blanket)
- Pen and notebook
This course is fully insurable. Non FHT members can seek insurance through Westminster Insurance or check with your existing insurance provider