Jodi’s Massage Toolbox for the Abdomen
At the end of the course, students will have a good understanding of:
- The basic anatomy and physiology of the abdominal region
- How to determine which organs and soft tissue may be contributing to pain based on performing a series of tests and questions
- How to determine when it is appropriate to refer a client
- What are the precautions, risks, and contraindications for abdominal pain
- A variety of techniques for your “toolbox” to treat the pain, discomfort, and muscle imbalances in the areas of the abdomen
- How to decide on the best treatment plan
- What exercises and stretches to recommend to the client
What are the pre-requisite(s) for entry on to this course?
The minimum requirement for taking this course is a recognised Level 3 qualification in massage (or similar) which includes anatomy and physiology.
What to Bring to Class:
All products and tools are provided to use on the practical training day. Tea and coffee are also provided on the day.
However, students are required to bring the following on each practical training day:
- Hand towel
- Cold lunch
- 2 flat single sheets
- 1 large bath sheet (or blanket)
- Pen and notebook
This one-day course is 5 hours plus 1 hour of home study This course is fully insurable. Non FHT members can seek insurance through Westminster Insurance and receive a discounted rate if you click on the link.