Jodi’s Massage Toolbox for Frozen Shoulder
FROZEN SHOULDER COURSE
At the end of the course, students will have a good understanding of:
- The basic anatomy of the shoulder, particularly in relation to frozen shoulder
- How to determine which shoulder muscles may be contributing to pain based on performing a series of tests and questions
- How to determine when it is appropriate to refer a client
- What are the precautions, risks, and contraindications for shoulder pain
- A variety of techniques for your “toolbox” to treat the pain, discomfort, and muscle imbalances of the shoulder girdle in relation to frozen shoulder
- How to decide on the best treatment plan to help with frozen shoulder
- What exercises and stretches to recommend to the client
What are the pre-requisite(s) for entry on to this Frozen Shoulder course?
The minimum requirement for taking this course is a recognised Level 3 qualification in massage (or similar) which includes anatomy and physiology. This one-day course is 6 hours plus 1 hour of home study
What to Bring to Class:
All products and tools are provided to use on the practical training day. Tea and coffee are also provided on the day.
However, students are required to bring the following on each practical training day:
- Hand towel
- Cold lunch
- 2 flat single sheets
- 1 large bath sheet (or blanket)
- Pen and notebook
This course is fully insurable. Non FHT members can seek insurance through Westminster Insurance and receive a discounted rate if you click on the link.