Jodi's Massage Toolbox for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME COURSE
- At the end of the course on carpal tunnel syndrome, students will have a good understanding of:
- The basic anatomy and physiology of the hand, wrist, forearm, including the median nerve
- How to determine which muscles in relation to carpal tunnel syndrome may be contributing to pain or numbness based on performing a series of tests and questions
- How to determine when it is appropriate to refer a client
- What are the precautions, risks, and contraindications for hand, wrist, forearm pain and numbness
- A variety of techniques for your “toolbox” to treat carpal tunnel syndrome
- How to decide on the best treatment plan
- What exercises and stretches to recommend to the client
What are the pre-requisite(s) for entry on to this course?
The minimum requirement for taking this course is a recognised Level 3 qualification in massage (or similar) which includes anatomy and physiology.
What to Bring to Class:
All products and tools are provided to use on the practical training day. Tea and coffee are also provided on the day.
However, students are required to bring the following on each practical training day:
- Hand towel
- Cold lunch
- 2 flat single sheets
- 1 large bath sheet (or blanket)
- Pen and notebook
This course is 6 hours plus 1 hour of home study This course is fully insurable. Non FHT members can seek insurance through Westminster Insurance or check with your existing insurance provider